Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Winner Winner

Apparently when I was nowhere to be found around these parts, I got nominated for a blog award. I guess not writing makes me more appealing? 


Jess @ The Odell Yodel nominated me for a Liebster award. (In November.) The rules for this award are to nominate blogs you enjoy that are new or have less than 200 followers. I'm not in either of those categories, but considering how little I've blogged lately, I might as well be the front runner in both. 

Thanks Jess!!


The Rules:

- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you. (Done. See above.)
- Share 11 facts about yourself. (To be done. See below.)
- Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger created. (See below that.)
- Nominate 11 bloggers and give them 11 questions to answer. (This is where I stop.)


Me with A

11 Facts:

[1] I have worked in the same department since my freshman year of college. I was hired on as staff upon my graduation and recently received a promotion to Coordinator. They just can't get rid of me.

[2] My current favorite TV shows all have one thing in common: guns.

[3] Music is my therapy, my love language. I have songs for every emotion. And for most people. The Avett Brothers and City & Colour are the two artists who speak to me the most. 

[4] I got my first haircut when I was 12 years old. My hair was so long that I had to pull it over my shoulder to sit (especially on the toilet). I still keep it long, but not that long.


[5] I love to cook. When I decide to try a new dish, I look up multiple recipes and take my favorite ingredients/methods from each.

[6] I don't understand girls who complain about watching sports. Even if you don't know what's going on…just look at the pretty boys and quit complaining.

[7] 90% of my closet is purchased from Forever21.com

[8] I have a heart shaped ring that I've worn almost every day for the past 8 years. My mother told me that if the point of the heart is facing away from you, your heart is open. If it is facing toward you, it means your heart is taken by someone. I turned my ring toward me about 4 months ago and it has been that way ever since. (Cheeseball anyone?)

[9] My favorite movies are all about teenagers. 

[10] When I read a good book, I live inside of it with the characters. I zone out of the real world and live in the book. Sometimes, when it ends, it's hard to leave. Other times…not so much. (GTFO Amy Dunne.)

[11] I've lost over 20 pounds since this time last year. Look for an update on that soon!



11 Answers:

[1] If you could choose your own name, which name would you pick? I like my name. Faye. My mom almost named me Zoe. I would not have picked that one, that's for sure.

[2] If you had to live a day in another person's shows, whose shoes would you pick? Alexis Neiers.


[3] Would you rather have more siblings or fewer siblings? If I had fewer siblings, I wouldn't have my only sister -- so I guess more!

[4] If you could be boss for a day at your current job, what would you do (guaranteed no consequences)? Give myself a bonus.

[5] What is a goal you have for the future (short term or long term future)? Short term: reach goal # 1 from TSOBS. Long term: keep it up.

[6] When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? When I was in first grade, I said I wanted to be a physical therapist, but I meant massage therapist. Other than that, I always wanted to work with computers or be in advertising. Even though I started college as a Chemical Engineering major on the Pre-Med track. What?

[7] What is a secret guilty pleasure of yours? I'm obsessed with SnapChat selfies.

[8] Which do you prefer - heels or flats? Heels. Always. I'm short.

[9] Have you ever broken a bone? Nope. Knock on wood.

[10] What outdated fad do you wish would come back in style? Everything from the 90s. I loved it all.



[11] What is something you would love to be good at? Working out on my own. I enjoy going to classes/trainers because I need someone to tell me what to do. If I was ever to step foot into a gym, I'd be so overwhelmed I would probably run away screaming.



Thanks again to for nominating me. Discovering this award was just the boost I needed to get back into the blogging game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment