Sunday, February 16, 2014

Oh Yeah, The Bachelor.

Remember when I used to write about the Bachelor? Let's do that again.

I finally caught up on the first 37 episodes of the season (that's what it felt like, anyway) and boy have my feelings changed since Day 1.

First of all, Juan Pablo. I was so thrilled when he was chosen to be the Bachelor. I almost sent in an application, but I decided my bikini bod wasn't quite ready to be on national television. 


Now, no. Is it just me or is he kind of a dick? Maybe it's the language barrier (it's not) but I feel like he talks down to people. And is kind of smug. And overall, he just kinda sucks.



The girls. 

After episode 1, my favorites were Andi, Renee, Nikki, and Kat.

Andi

Now, my favorite is Clare. Don't freak out. Let me explain. My favorite for Juan Pablo is Clare. It's kinda like how my favorite for Ben was Courtney cause they were both a leeeetle (lot) crazy. Andi is still my actual favorite. And I love Renee. Kat got old quick and Nikki was a bit of a disappointment.


The other girls:

Chelsie - I could take her or leave her. She's a bit too giggly for me.
Sharleen - It bothers me when I read negative comments about Sharleen. I think she's doing this right. All the other girls, on day 1, are all like "I can't wait to fall in love with Juan Pablo. I hope he likes me!" Sharleen is realistic in that she thinks, "I hope I fall in love with Juan Pablo. I hope I like him." I mean, technically the person who ends up with the Bachelor is the "winner"…but what if you don't want the prize? Love, even on a TV show, is a two way street. However, she does look like she kisses weird. But girl rocks those backless dresses every single week.


Big events:

Okay, just one. The whole Clare in the ocean thing. Either Juan Pablo freaked out and realized they made a mistake because A) he had sex with Clare in the ocean B) Clare gave him a blowsie on the beach or C) he knew that even if it was just an innocent swim, the producers would make it look like it was A and/or B.


Lastly, this show reminds me of the classic movie 2-Gether. We've all seen it, right? It's about how to put together a boy band. You have to have all the right pieces. You have to have the Hearthrob, the Shy One, the Cute One, the Older Brother, and my favorite, the Bad Boy. Every season of this show, you have the One Who's Not Really Into It, the Girl Who Falls Immediately, the Girl Who's Crazy Jealous, the Girl Who Acts Different In The House, and the girl who has the most drama with the Girl Who Acts Different In The House. Props to the casting department for always finding the girls to assume these roles.


All images from ABC.com

No comments:

Post a Comment