Thursday, March 20, 2014

Spontaneity

I'm a planner. I'll admit, I can be a little uptight when it comes to making and breaking plans. I will adapt when I must, but I'd much rather have a detailed plan or at least an idea of where the night is headed. 

uptight - adjective - anxious or angry in a tense and overly controlled way

Being spontaneous is not my specialty. A is helping me change that. He is a very go with the flow kind of guy. He can make plans (or change plans) in 5 minutes, while I prefer an hour or so to think it over. 

Spontaneous - adjective - performed or occurring as a result of a sudden inner impulse or inclination and without premeditation or external stimulus.

Last night, I was rambling to him about my potential plans.

"My sister is going to Grillehouse and she invited me and I really want to go because I would love a steak but I don't need to go because I need to stay home and do some laundry. But. Steak. I'm going. No. I need to go to Kroger, too. I can't go. I'm not going. But. Steak."

His response?

"Tell me what you need from Kroger. I'll pick it up. And I'll get steaks. And we'll cook at home tonight while you do your laundry."

So, we had a delicious and impromptu steak dinner.


This is not something I'm used to, as my meals are always pre-planned. For example, I knew a week ago that I'm making chicken tacos tonight and tomato basil soup this Sunday.

After dinner, he needed to run some errands in town. I was about to put on my pjs and go to bed, but I decided to go with him instead. And then we decided to duck into Proud Larry's for a minute. And then we decided to stay for the bands. 

So thanks to A and his spontaneity, I have 2 new bands to share with you.

Cereus Bright
Swear and Shake

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment