Monday, April 7, 2014

An Open Letter to Ted Mosby

Dear Ted,

You've been a part of my life for the past four years*. I welcomed you into my living room every Monday night for 6 months of the year. (Who am I kidding? Sunday afternoon during DVR catchup time.) I laughed with you, I cried with you, I hoped for you, and sometimes I hated you. God, you could be annoying. But most of all, I loved you. I even named my first "born" after you.


Mosby (full name: Hurricane Mosbius Stinson)

I was with you through Robin, Victoria (ugh), Robin, Stella (sorry bro), Zoey, Robin, Victoria again (double ugh) and even Holli, BlahBlah, Honey, and the Slutty Pumpkin. I was with you when you finally met the Mother. I watched you make a ton of mistakes and twice as many romantic gestures. And last week, you made your last one as you 

***Spoiler Alert***

once again stole the blue french horn for Robin. At first, I didn't know how to feel. (Even after being reminded that a few years ago, I made the statement, "The mother's gonna die and he'll end up with Robin.") After having a week to let it really sink in, I can only say that I'm happy for you. And also, thank God it's not Victoria. 


Best Wishes,
Faye Walter





P.S. Just a thought. Robin wanted to run away with you at her wedding to Barney and you turned her down. When she left a very pregnant Lily (dressed as Moby Dick) on Halloween, she said it was hard to be around you because you were happy and she realized that she should have ended up with you. When she shows up to your wedding, she's clearly jeals. How exactly did the Mother get sick? Was she around Robin much? Did you test for arsenic poisoning? Just wondering.


*I watched the first five seasons in about a month to prepare for season 6, so that's why it has only been 4 years.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha this is the greatest response I've heard so far to the finale. So funny. And I like your theory--I could totes see that.

    ReplyDelete