Wednesday, April 30, 2014

You'll just know.

We have always been told that when you find the oneyou'll just know.


I doubted this for years. I had 3 "serious" relationships. The high school boyfriend. The first college boyfriend. The other college boyfriend. At one point in all three of those relationships, I thought. "I guess he's the one." Then, in the next relationship, I wondered…"Well I thought he was the one, but I guess this one must be?" 



They weren't. None of them were. Because now...



I am in love. And I know he's the one.




Oh yes, you read that correctly. The "emotionally emotionless" girl who had been selectively single for 3+ years, ran from the bouquet toss at weddings, and was 100% anti-cuddling is in love. 

A and I had an interesting beginning, but it was exactly what we needed to get us to where we are now.

I am in love with his heart. I am in love with his mind (though I'm never really sure what he's thinking). I am in love with the man he is today and the man he is becoming. I am especially in love with the woman I am becoming because of him. 


Every day, I think it's not possible for me to love him any more than I do…and the very next day, I am proven wrong. 




I was always told I'd have a whirlwind romance. It wasn't exactly like my friends imagined. I didn't meet a foreign guy on vacation, fall in love, and get married 6 weeks later. But. A and I have been together* for 6 months and I already know. 


*We casually dated each other, off and on, for a year before we decided to actually give it a real shot and be together. Best decision ever.

5 comments:

  1. :) :) :) :) makes me happy! Love both of you and love watching your love story play out. Can't wait to be a part of the rest of the story :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAYY! That is SO exciting! I'm glad you've found your happiness :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww!! I can hardly believe what I'm reading! ;) But I'm so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww this is precious!! So happy for you & awesome that you were able to see that while I'm sure you loved the guys before, they weren't "the one."

    xo, B
    www.BKCsquared.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! I knew someone would come along for you!! :D So happy for you Faye! Wish I was still working in the office with you to hear all the juicy details! :) -Krista

    ReplyDelete