Friday, August 22, 2014

How to SHAVE Time & Money

I haven't always been the best at managing time or money, but the older I get, the more I learn. In the past year, I have learned a few tricks to shave off a little time and money.

Ways to SHAVE time:

Shower at night: I was always a shower in the morning type. Recently, I began taking my showers before bed. Not only are freshly shaven legs + clean sheets my favorite combination ever (yes, even more so than chocolate + peanut butter), but showering at night saves me around 30 minutes the next morning. More often than not, I spend that extra 30 minutes hitting my snooze button, but sometimes I'll use it to go for a jog, sit outside and have a cup of coffee, or to simply save myself from having to rush through my morning routine.

Organize at the end of the day: Before I leave my office each day, I clean and organize my desk. This includes making my to-do list for the following day. When I arrive in the morning, I don't waste any time thinking of what I need to do. This is probably why I have finished most of my work by 1pm and get to check out what's new on Netflix. (Don't tell my boss.) 


Ways to SHAVE money:

Coupons: Yes. I am the queen of coupons. Now, I don't do "extreme couponing". I don't see the need in buying 100 packs of toilet paper to save a few bucks, but I do research before I shop. The store where I grocery shop sends coupons in the mail based on my purchasing history. Also, there are online coupons for just about everything. Even ones that only save you 50 cents add up quickly.

Online baskets: Here's a tip you may not know. It's also one that I may get in trouble for sharing… If you see something online that you want, but can hold off on for a couple days (or weeks), create an account for the store and stick it in your online shopping cart. More often than not, if the company sees that you've put something in your cart but haven't purchased it…they'll send you a discount code as an incentive. 


Dollar Shave Club has found a way to shave time and money. For just a few bucks a month, you can get new razor blades shipped to your door. I got A a subscription for Father's Day and he loves it. He sent me a SnapChat the first time he used it and has been raving about it ever since. 



He and I both get excited when his shipment arrives each month, because not only does it include high quality replacement blades, but they always send some light bathroom reading or something entertaining along with it. Oh and…those blades make my legs extra smooth. (Don't tell A.)

Check out Dollar Shave Club for your guy (or for yourself!) so that you can shave a little time and money!




1 comment:

  1. HI you have a good blog i like your blog as it have all the good information. Promote buy kurtis online

    ReplyDelete