Monday, September 15, 2014

A [re]introduction

Hi! You might remember me, I used to blog here regularly. I've lost touch with Blogland over the past year, but I'm ready to jump back in. Not having this creative outlet has been a struggle for me. So I will be going full force from here on out. Starting with a stolen topic from Rachel Rewritten.

basics // Faye. 26.




what you should know about me // As I grow older, I am working on being more feminine (cue red lipstick and curled hair). I've always preferred heels over flats and dresses over jeans, but I am no girly girl. I love sports (watching, not playing), music, cooking, and my manfriend. I have a hard time being spontaneous and might be a tad OCD.

loves of life // My man, A. Family. Friends. My Mosby pup. Laughter. Food. Words. 

home // The small, southern, surprisingly quite liberal, town where I went to college. There are some struggles that come with staying in my college town, but I wouldn't want to be anywhere else (most days).



dream job // I would love to be someone's personal assistant. Or an editor. Or writer.

work // My official title is Coordinator of Distance Learning Facilities and Technology Services. It's a mouthful. Basically, I coordinate all of the technology purchases, training, setup, etc. for the department. Fun fact: my first ever job was as a student worker in this same department.

other half // A and I are approaching the one year mark. Our love story isn't very typical, but it's perfect for us. And we're perfect for each other. He cooks for a living, plays golf for fun, has two beautiful daughters, and never seems to age.



favorite food // I am not a picky eater. I think my favorite meal is steak and potatoes. But I also like to eat chicken and fish and veggies and pasta and snack foods (salty more than sweet) and raw oysters and salads and pizza and tacos and burgers. What? Girl likes to eat.

standard bar order // Miller Lite.

what I blog about // That's a tough questions because I'm trying to go in a different direction than I used to. Short answer: life.

why I blog // I've always loved to write, whether it be publicly or in a journal. I don't blog for followers or to please anyone. Hell, most of my posts don't get a single comment. I blog for me. Because I want to share my feelings and my experiences, even if it's just with future me when I go back and read old posts. Also, the blogging community is an amazing one. I have made friends with people I've never met just by reading their words on my computer screen. 



3 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Looking forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds luke life is great and im so glad ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes me happy to see you post. And I also kinda really love that picture of you and A from our wedding :)

    ReplyDelete