Monday, June 29, 2015

Down with the Shine

After nearly three years of amazing ups and disastrous downs, the downs finally won out. A & I have called it quits. I never believed it when people said sometimes love isn't enough, but now I know that's true. We had the strongest love for each other. But it wasn't enough. You also need devotion and compassion and compromise and timing. We didn't have any of those, so love lost. I am heartbroken and will always have love for him, but I know this is best for both of us.

There's nothing good, because nothing lasts
And all that comes here, it comes here to pass
I would voice my pain, but the change wouldn't last
All that comes, it comes here to pass
-The Avett Brothers

1 comment:

  1. So sorry for your loss. The end of a relationship is always hard. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete