Tuesday, June 30, 2015

The Bachelorette, eh?

I'm getting back to my roots. My blog took off when I wrote about the Bachelorette, and I'm still watching. Kaitlyn has been one of my favorites, so far. Ben H, too.

It is infuriating me how the episodes are split this season. I like organization and having a rose ceremony in the middle of an episode is stressing me out. Here's a little recap to get us caught up.

-Kaitlyn is awesome because she's fun and knows that a relationship is more than just deep emotional conversation. Which is why Johnny Bravo needs to go, but more on that later.


-Clint (a.k.a. clean cut Jax Teller) was one of my favorites in the beginning. He was a bit of a douche, but I think his storyline was exaggerated by the producers. I also think it was highly offensive for them to make it seem like he was gay because they wanted ratings.


-I thought Ian (a.k.a. frontal lobe damage) was one of the most attractive men on this season, but he was a cocky, slut shaming douche with no real personality. I'll use the word "douche" a lot when describing these men because I think that's one of the boxes that has to be checked for them to pass the casting screening. Are you a douche? Yeah, pretty much. Okay, you're on!


-The situation with Nick V (a.k.a. douchelord), I must discuss. First, I think Kaitlyn made a mistake. (Not only because he is also a douche, but…) I think she knows she made a mistake. You shouldn't have sex with your boyfriend when you have like 10 other boyfriends. You just shouldn't. When she narrows it down to just one and then they watch the season…that's not gonna be good. Even though the guys signed up for this, they didn't really sign up for that. I also don't think that sex should be being had in the fantasy suite. First of all, the person going last would probably feel kinda icky, but the point is you're still dating other guys, so you're basically cheating. But, the more important issue here is the slut shaming going on. Every season of the Bachelor, something like this happens. Juan Pablo with Clare in the ocean,  Ben with Courtney in the ocean, even Chris with someone in a tent or something. When it's the guy, they never explicitly say what happened, but at the same time make the girl look like the villain. And here, though Kaitlyn is in the shoes of JP, Ben, and Chris (not Clare, Courtney, and whoever that was)…they still turn the girl into the villain. Hey! Guess what! Girls have sex, too!


So now we're all caught up. But things are different this time. Instead of narrowing from 6 to 4 and having hometowns…she's narrowing from 6 to 3 and having fantasy suite dates..and then hometowns when she gets to 2. Dun Dun Dun…so shocking. Um, actually I've always thought that's how it should be.

We have Ben H. She can't pick Ben H. because I want Ben H. But I think he might have a shot. Chris (a.k.a. cupcake dentist guy?) already got sent home and cried. I think she and Jared are perfect for each other, but ultimately, I don't see her choosing him.

Then we have Joe (Kentucky Boy) who is sweet but is totally going home. Nick who is so awful and needs to go home, but probably won't. And Shawn (a.k.a. Johnny Bravo), who has dug himself a grave by being way too serious and making her feel like shit for having other boyfriends when she's the Bachelorette and that's how this thing works.

The only thing I'm sure of is that Jared is making it to the top 3.

What do y'all think?

all images via ABC.com

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Bachelorette post! Call me crazy, but I still really want Shawn to win. It's obvious that he's so into her and although the whole she's-dating-other-guys thing is what he signed up for, I can't help but feel for him with the jealousy. Also, why on EARTH did she send home Ben Z. so early?!

    ReplyDelete