Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Bachelorette Slumber Parties

I'll skip the summary of the overnight dates, how perfect Ben is, how stupid Kaitlyn is for sending him home, and how awful Nick and Shawn are and just go into my opinion of why it all happened.


Women (myself and Kaitlyn included) confuse drama with passion. So Kaitlyn sees the tension between Nick and Shawn and how jealous they are of each other and feels "desired". She sees the arguments and feels heat...the good kind of heat. I have learned the hard way...drama is not passion. Ben didn't come with any drama. Now, that's not to say there wouldn't be any in the future because this is real life, but if there's drama so early in a relationship, it's probably not going to last. I think she saw how sweet and positive Ben was and doubted that it was real, because she's not used to that. Most women aren't. We all need to realize that we do deserve the Ben H's of the world. Because it's safe to say that there aren't very many. So, I guess I need to get my application ready. Here's what my bio would look like.


Faye
Age: 27
Occupation: Technology Coordinator at a University
Hometown: Oxford, MS
Height: 5'1"
Tattoos: Three
All-time favorite movies: The Breakfast Club, Life as a House, Field of Dreams
Biggest date fear: Honestly, being nervous & drinking too much.

What does being married mean to you?
Sacrifice and commitment. Finding a balance with the person you have chosen and living a life together.

Describe your idea of the ultimate date.
A picnic under the stars. 
If you could have lunch with one person, who would it be?
Ben H. No, I would have to pick the Avett Brothers. Their music speaks to me and I just want to hug them and tell them thank you.

If you could be any superhero, which one would you be?
Batman. He doesn't have any fake super powers. He has gadgets and wit and gets his shit done.



On another note, I wrote a blog post about Chris L's departure on the Bachelorette in August 2010 where I said I was definitely going to apply. I didn't apply. He didn't become the Bachelor. And two months later, we were having dinner together in Boston. I need my second chance with Ben H.

No comments:

Post a Comment