Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Easy is easy.

Life can be too easy, don't you think? I mean, you can order pizza with an emoji now! But wouldn't it be so much more rewarding to eat a home cooked meal that you've prepared? (Okay, so maybe pizza would be my pick more often than not, but that's not the point I'm trying to make here.)


I am currently taking classes and prepping to get my MBA. It's not easy, but it will be worth it. I would be wasting a great opportunity if I took the easy way out and didn't continue to further my education.

Easy is easy. But it's not worthwhile.

It would be so easy for me to say "OK" and be in a relationship again. It's hard to say no, no matter what problems we had. The easy thing would be to say yes, get back together, get married, and live life wondering "what if". The hard choice is to start over. To have to date again (seriously, ugh). To have to be vulnerable and open myself up to someone else. But it is the more rewarding choice. It will be when I find that person that makes "yes" easy and worthwhile.

Don't take the easy route. It will get you nowhere. Except when it comes to the pizza emoji thing. You should definitely do that every now and then.

4 comments:

  1. Keep doing the worthwhile stuff--the rest will follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN and AMEN again. This is so good. I'm proud of you and waiting expectantly to see what is to come for you--I know it's going to be worthwhile. And in the end, you'll realize it was the easy choice all along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see your point. It's more rewarding to get what you've worked for rather than settling for less because it's the easy path. Unless what you settle for ends up being less than what you worked for.

    ReplyDelete