Monday, January 4, 2016

2016: Getting Healthy [January]

First of all, Happy New Year!

If you've been here before, you know that each year I select a "theme" and make monthly goals instead of having one year-long resolution. I almost always fail at these goals, but it is a new year so I have to at least pretend that it will be a new me.


This year's theme is health. Each month, I will set 3 goals pertaining to 3 areas of health. And hopefully I will accomplish them.


DIET - No booze!
Okay so this one is kinda already a fail because I had quite a few drinks on New Years Day (Sugar Bowl! Go Rebs!) and also yesterday, but for the rest of the month, no booze. Not only will I shed some pounds (I hope), but this article really hit home for me and I'm gonna give it a shot. At least for the month.

EXERCISE - Go walking.
I got some new Pumas for Christmas (thanks Mom!) and want to put them to use. I know walking isn't much, but it's more than I do now. Also, three days a week isn't much, but it's more than zero.

MENTAL - Read a book.
Books make me happy. They're a nice little escape from the real world. Plus, I am pretty much all caught up on every TV show I ever wanted to watch. I might check out this one. Unless you have another suggestion.


What are your goals for the new year? And how do you hold yourself accountable? (Seriously, I need tips.)

1 comment:

  1. New Diet Taps into Revolutionary Plan to Help Dieters Get Rid Of 15 Pounds within Just 21 Days!

    ReplyDelete